#40, #41, #43 - “Rose+Gold” In Three Sizes
These are handcrafted patina earrings made from salvaged bullet casings found in our national forests. The antique brass colored ear wires are also handmade.
"Rose+Gold" can currently be found in three sizes:
Large (this pair): 2-1/4" total length x 3/8" wide. The bullet casing length is 1-1/8".
Medium: 2-1/4" total length x 3/8" wide. The bullet casing length is 7/8".
Small: 1-7/8" total length x 3/8" wide. The bullet casing length is 3/4".
The finish is not painted on. It involves a slow chemical reaction to create the beautiful shades of verdigris colors on salvaged brass bullet casings. Each piece is individually created and patinated by hand, making them unreplicable. Since the patina process is fickle, the two individual earrings are similar looking but not identical.
When you purchase a pair of earrings, you’ll also receive the GPS coordinates of where the bullet shells were found in our national forests. Viridian Range is about keeping our public lands (national forests, BLM land, and state parks) clean by picking up what's left behind by people and turning it into the unexpected.
• 100% handmade from start to finish
• Antique brass colored earrings ear wires are made of 20 gauge wires (0.8mm)
• The earrings do have a protective coating on them, but should not be exposed to water or chemicals.
• Please be aware that patina colors can vary on different screens.
SHIPMENT + DELIVERY
• In order to minimize the amount of waste created, the earrings will be placed inside a simple origami envelope that reuses existing packing paper. The jewelry will be mailed in a padded envelope made from recycled material. Please keep our environment in mind and continue to reuse the packaging, or recycle it.
• My goal is to ship your jewelry within 3 - 4 business days of purchase. Sometimes it may take longer if I'm staying somewhere without cell signal or far from a post office. If you will need your order in a hurry, please check with me first.