Sub-Floor

Our post from  January 26 talked about us working on the kitchen floor beams and sub-floor. Since then we've worked on a variety of things and finally came back to finish the sub-floor. We had left the sub-floors not glued to floor beams because we still had to run the electrical wires and water pipes below them.

Jerud had created an electrical layout diagram that we would use.

 
 

We started with the wires for the floor heaters. 

 
 

Then we installed the water pipe from where the fresh water tank will be (under the bedroom in the basement) to the kitchen sink.

 
 

Next we pulled the electrical wires for the rest of the RV through to its rightful places.

 
 

We used Great Stuff to fill in the A/C and heater vents that we are leaving in place. 

 
 

We used the original insulation (ones still in good condition) that was taken out of the RV and was boxed up until now, to insulate the kitchen floor.

 
 
 
 

After the sub-floor was in, we finished stapling the underbelly wrap on each side of the kitchen. Then we installed a new stud on each side where the wall beams of the kitchen will sit on top of.

A week later we sealed the sub-floors where we wouldn't be placing laminate flooring over or may have a high chance being exposed to water, ex: kitchen cabinets, under the dinette, bedroom, sink and under the shower pan.